About Me

My photo
Autodesk Revit Architecture 2010 & 2011 & 2013 Certified Professional, Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional, Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2011 Certified Associate

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Face Based Model Text Component

Trying to place model text on a curved wall has always been something that has bothered me.  The idea of creating multiple reference planes and trying to make sense out off all of it when placing text is a real pain.  Awhile back I created a face based model component and then placed model text in that component.  I then tied all the parameters of the model text to type parameters within the component.  I can then just drop one letter on my wall and then polar array the rest.  I did make the letter an instance parameter to help save some time.  This seems to work very well for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment